‘Full House’ at New Cleantech Venture Day 2017: The Best Meeting Place for Cleantech Companies & Investors
30/31 October 2017
Number 20, Grosvenor St.
Number 20, Grosvenor St.
- Cambridge Cleantech confirms that its new annual Cleantech Venture Day in London which aims to be ‘the best meeting place for cleantech companies and investors,’ is a sell-out!
- Over 50 innovative cleantech companies applied to pitch and the top 20 investment ready companies which have been selected are detailed below.
- The innovators will pitch their innovative product or service for funding, to a full room of fund managers, Corporate venture arm managers and high net worth individuals.
- The pitching sessions will be interspersed with keynote presentations from cleantech sector thought leaders, including; Adrian Gault, CEO, Committee for Climate Change, Bernie Bulkin, Chairman ID Solar Power and Professor Richard McMahon of Warwick University.
- To organise the London event, Cambridge Cleantech has teamed up with the Nordic Innovation Accelerator which has successfully staged a similar event in Finland for the last 10 years. To underline this partnership, there will be a pre-event for investors at the Residence of the Finnish Ambassador in London on Thursday 30 October.
- The grand finale of the Cleantech Venture Day will be in the evening of the 31 October when the winners of the Global Cleantech Cluster Later Stage Awards will be announced, which will be a showcase of the very best cleantech solutions from across the globe.
- Martin Garratt, CEO at Cambridge Cleantech comments that “we have been delighted with the overwhelming response to the Venture Day from both innovators and investors; we have had over 50 applications to pitch and we have a capacity, sell-out room full of investors”. He went on to say that “access to finance clearly remains the number one issue for our cleantech company members and so this new Venture Day will provide them with a first-rate opportunity to pitch for funding to a room full of specialist cleantech sector fund managers, corporate venture fund managers and high net worth individuals, it really will be the best place for cleantech companies and investors to meet”.
- Emmi Kaipio, CEO of the Nordic Innovation Accelerator comments: “for us this partnership is a great first step to scale up the successful event concept that has been developed in Finland since 2006. We are excited to share our knowledge and experience with Cambridge Cleantech to make the first London event one not to be missed. Lately there’s been much good news from the cleantech sector, so the timing is perfect to bring the event to UK.”
- The Cleantech Venture Day which will take place on 30 and 31 October 2017 in the heart of London’s West End, at KPMG’s offices, at 20 Grosvenor St. More information is here: http://www.cleantechday.com/london/
- The 20 highly innovative cleantech companies chosen to pitch are:
- AURELIA TURBINES
- CAMBRIDGE SOLAR ENVIRONMENTAL SOLUTIONS
- ENTOMICS BIOSYSTEMS
- FINNO ENERGY
- GRID DUCK
- LUXHAMMAR CORPORATION
- METEOR POWER
- MSF TECHNOLOGIES
- OPEN TRV
- ORIGAMI ENERGY
- THE CHEEKY PANDA