Hyperion Executive Search - Regional Sales Manager - DACH - Ultracapacitors - Germany
Follow this link to apply.
|Regional Sales Manager- DACH - Ultracapacitors
|Hyperion Executive Search Ltd have been retained to recruit this exceptional opportunity on behalf of Skeleton Technologies.
Skeleton Technologies is the global leader in ultracapacitor-based energy storage. They deliver reliable solutions across industry for customers with needs for high power, high energy, and long lifetime energy storage. Through the use of patented nanoporous carbide-derived carbon or “curved graphene” they have achieved global breakthroughs in ultracapacitor performance.
Their ultracapacitors deliver twice the energy density and four times the power density offered by other manufacturers. Their current customer base includes global engineering companies, the European Space Agency, and several Tier 1 automotive manufacturers.
Skeleton's mission is to help people and companies save energy. Their products can help significantly reduce the negative environmental impact of internal combustion engine vehicles by regenerative breaking and engine starting (start-stop systems). Hybrid buses and locomotives have achieved up to 40% fuel and energy savings with an ultracapacitor-based system.
We are looking for a hands-on “hunting” type of Sales Manager to build up our sales pipeline in order to meet our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Develop and nurture key customer accounts in Germany, ensuring customer satisfaction and sustainability of the business.
- Developing channel partner network for DACH, with a focus on system integrators in the field power & automation.
- Develop and execute operational plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base in the region, e.g.
- a go-to-market / distribution operational plan including identifying best-of-class go-to-market partners and developing efficient systems / processes to manage the above go-to-market partnerships;
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets through personal selling and the support of sales and application engineers from sales back-office.
- Build and maintain up to date sales pipeline in Salesforce (CRM).
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- 5 years’ experience, with minimum 3 years as sales manager in energy storage or power electronics products’ sales.
- Proven ability to drive sales process from plan to close, a track record of successfully acquiring new key accounts and markets, as well as building up channel partner networks.
- Good understanding of hybrid energy storage systems. Powertrain / drivetrain experience. Basic technical know-how of machine building, industrial grid and / or automotive industry.
- Ability to translate technical information into real customer advantages.
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions; the prerequisite for this being ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
- An enthusiasm for growing a great company. Entrepreneurial by nature. Change and growth oriented.
- First Degree in engineering preferred, but could be also degree from different fields, provided the person is technology savvy and has learned the specifics of energy storage / hybrid systems and technologies.
- Native German, Fluent English.
- Experience in ultracapacitor / rechargeable battery industry or energy storage product system integration / engineering field is highly desirable.
- Alternative industries the candidate could come from: commercial vehicles, electric / hybrid bus, industrial grid, rail / locomotive, mobile work machines.
Why someone should join?
- Opportunity to introduce a new energy storage technology to the market and change the landscape of energy storage devices forever!
- Develop further in sales and take responsibility for a business area or region!
- Impact directly the success of the company and grow together with the business!
- Competitive base gross annual salary
- Sales Bonus applies – 5% to salary fund from each closed deal. No cap.