Hyperion Executive Search - Vice President of Global Sales - Ultracapacitors - Germany
|Vice President of Global Sales - Ultracapacitors
Hyperion Executive Search Ltd have been retained to recruit this exceptional opportunity on behalf of Skeleton Technologies.
Skeleton Technologies is the global leader in ultracapacitor-based energy storage. They deliver reliable solutions across industry for customers with needs for high power, high energy, and long lifetime energy storage. Through the use of patented nanoporous carbide-derived carbon or “curved graphene” they have achieved global breakthroughs in ultracapacitor performance.
Their ultracapacitors deliver twice the energy density and four times the power density offered by other manufacturers. Their current customer base includes global engineering companies, the European Space Agency, and several Tier 1 automotive manufacturers.
Skeleton's mission is to help people and companies save energy. Their products can help significantly reduce the negative environmental impact of internal combustion engine vehicles by regenerative breaking and engine starting (start-stop systems). Hybrid buses and locomotives have achieved up to 40% fuel and energy savings with an ultracapacitor-based system.
We are looking for a high-performing VP of Global Sales to help us meet our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
- Developing and executing all key growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve your financial targets.
- Ensuring the appropriate resources and structure is in place to deliver the sales plan.
- As part of the Management Team, contributing to the overall strategy of the company.
- Develop and execute strategic plan to achieve sales targets and to expand the company’s customer base, e.g.
- a go-to-market / distribution strategy including identifying best-of-class go-to-market partners and developing efficient systems / processes to manage the above go-to-market partnerships;
- a sales operations model that includes current and potential go-to-market / distribution methods to estimate the revenue acquisition cost of each method.
- Establish sales targets by forecasting sales volume and profit for existing and new products; develop sales process and tactical sales plan as well as product mix and selling prices by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, and competitors.
- Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets through personal selling and the activities of direct reports.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships.
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Effectively communicate the value proposition through proposals and presentations.
- Manage all aspects of reporting and communications of sales metrics to Management Team.
- Hiring, managing, developing and coaching staff to ensure that staff members perform to expectations and fulfil all responsibilities.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience, with minimum 5 years supervisory / managerial leadership experience in sales.
- Proven sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets.
- Demonstrable experience in developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions.
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services and position them against competitors.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close, a track record of successfully acquiring new key accounts.
- Must be able to translate technical information into real customer advantages.
- Good understanding of hybrid energy storage systems.
- An enthusiasm for growing a great company. Entrepreneurial by nature. Change and growth oriented.
- First Degree in engineering, Master’s degree in business (preferred).
- Fluent English essential, German highly valued. Any nationality.
Why someone should join?
- Being part of management team, hence having direct influence on the strategic direction of the company, not only sales function.
- Opportunity to introduce a new energy storage technology to the market and change the landscape of energy storage devices forever!
- Develop further in sales - take responsibility for sales strategy, sales team management, sales function development (processes, tools, etc).
- Strong compensation package
- Sales Bonus applies – 5% to salary fund from each closed deal. No cap.
- Company stock option.
For a full job description and a confidential conversation please apply or contact David Hunt
WE ARE ALSO RECRUITING A REGIONAL SALES MANAGER FOR THE DACH REGION. FOR FURTHER DETAILS, GET IN TOUCH WITH HYPERION EXECUTIVE SEARCH LTD.
Follow this link to apply