Annual Conference – Cleantech Futures
Futures 2019: The role of Clean Growth, Innovation and Sustainability
With the UK government declaring a climate emergency, the cleantech sector is poised to play a pivotal role in bringing innovation, clean growth and a sustainable future together. Join us to hear world-renowned experts battle the all-important question – can we both ensure the 1.5 C target is achieved and enable a prosperous economy?
During this day-long conference, 160 attendees got the chance to hear from experts in the field about how clean technology can help to overcome global challenges and create a more sustainable future. After the conference, SMEs had the chance to meet two ‘innovation hungry’ corporates seeking cleantech solutions for their businesses: Enzen and Urban and Civic.
Click here to read our short article about the conference.
- Beatrix Schlarb-Ridley, British Antarctic Survey: How we can work together for a 1.5c future.
- Lewis Herbert, Leader of Cambridge City Council: an Eco Plan for north east Cambridge
- Mark Harper, Deputy Head of Sustainable Development, John Swire & Sons: Sustainable Development – the business case
- Peter Childs, Dyson School of Design Engineering: How design engineering can overcome global challenges
- Dr Adam Brookes, Anglian Water: How water utilities can use technology innovations to clean up processes
Click here for the complete list of speakers and bios.
Click here to download the agenda.
“Struck by how much of the #CleantechFutures day centres on such basic stuff – air, water, heat. Behind the hi tech cleverness are some really fundamental (and exciting) problems”, writes Elisabeth Klaar on Twitter, while many others came out of the event saying that they enjoyed it immensely and got quite a lot of useful insights and contacts.
‘The conference exceeded my expectations! The organising team were great hosts and helped me to meet many interesting professionals, that for me was the most valuable part of the day.’ Freya Stevens – Miris X
‘ It’s my first time at a CCT event, and I really enjoyed it. Great level of speakers and attendees, and a thought-provoking and positive event.’ Chris Pointon – Cambridgeshire Climate Emergency
‘Yes it was a day packed with interesting content and useful potential collaborators’- Adam Read , Suez
‘Great set of presenters with a great balance of topics and backgrounds.’ Anthony Warren – Warrens group
Photo Credit: Vanessa Champion
A big thank you to all our sponsors: