VACANCY: Innovation and Sector Development Coordinator
New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership
Key relationships: Head of Enterprise Zones and Innovation, Head of Strategy, Growth Manager, Head of Programmes, Head of ommunications, CEO, COO, LEP Executive, LEP Board, sector group members and coordinators, businesses, local authorities, Innovate UK, BEIS, DIT, Growth Hub, Chambers of Commerce and business associations
Closing Date: Midday, Tuesday 25th September
Is a key member of the Enterprise Zones and Innovation team, support the development and implementation of the LEP’s sector development activity;
- Coordinate sector group activity, providing secretariat and project-based support to key sector groups
- Provide a key point of contact within the LEP for sector stakeholders, coordinating any enquiries and signposting to wider LEP programmes and initiatives, e.g. Growth Hub, Cambridge Norwich Tech Corridor
- Work with sector groups to identify their key priorities and ambitions in order to assist with the development of their action plans, ensuring they align with and help inform the LEP strategy developments
- Support the Innovation and Sectors Manager in researching and monitoring sector supply chain activity, working with partners and sector groups
- Ensure alignment of the LEP’s sector approach with the Economic Strategy and Government’s Industrial Strategy and other specific initiatives e.g. Cambridge Norwich Tech Corridor
- Engage with the Strategy Team to enable monitoring of sector performance in relation to LEP targets
Work with the Innovation and Sectors Manager and Head of EZs and Innovation to develop the strategy for innovation;
- Assist with developing the strategic connectivity between innovation hubs and key areas of innovation-based activity across Suffolk and Norfolk
- Enhance the relationships between other centres for innovation in key sectors (locally, nationally and internationally)
- Provide a secretariat service to the Innovation Board, organising meetings, liaising with members and coordinating activity
- Monitor and report progress on an annual operational plan for innovation including key projects and assist with the preparation of reports
- Identify opportunities for new innovation-based projects aligning with appropriate funding programmes
- Work with the LEP Executive, Board and Partners to develop and implement the innovation strategy
- Track national and international innovation programmes and raise awareness to LEP innovation partners
- Coordinate joint activity with other LEP supported programmes/initiatives e.g. Cambridge Norwich Tech Corridor initiative, Growth Hub etc
Support the inward investment programme activity through the development of sector and innovation-based propositions;
- Work with the Inward Investment Manager and Head of Enterprise Zones and Innovation to support the development of propositions to enhance the offer in relation to emerging technologies, innovation and supply chains in key locations
- Work with the Inward Investment Manager, LEP Executive and partners, including DIT, to develop the ‘High Potential Opportunities’ and Game Changer sector and cluster propositions to attract new public/private sector investment
- Provide additional support for major inward investment enquiries as required, working with the Inward Investment Manager
- Manage and monitor on-line campaigns and other promotional opportunities to promote clusters, innovation hubs and key locations for inward investment
- Assist in the development of a library of materials for investment attraction in key sectors and clusters (e.g. clean energy, agritech, ICT and Industry 4.0)
- Work with the Marketing and Communications Team and Inward Investment Manager to coordinate and monitor a range of inward investment marketing activity (on and off-line) to aid lead generation
- Provide a secretariat service to the Inward Investment & International Board, organising meetings, liaising with members and coordinating activity
Coordinate LEP activity for liaison and work with national government agencies and organisations and industry in relation to innovation and sector development;
- Be a key point of contact for handling innovation and sector development related enquiries in Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Provide support to cross-LEP innovation related activity such as the Science and Innovation Audit and Tech Nation activity, identifying new opportunities for the Innovation Hubs and our key sectors
- Develop and progress relationships with national bodies and Government Departments including Innovate UK, BEIS, TechEast, Tech Nation, KTN, Catapults, SIA, Universities etc
- Work with the Head of EZs and Innovation, Innovation and Sectors Manager, Inward Investment Manager, CNTC Business Development Manager, Growth Hub team and agencies such as Innovate UK to ensure a joined-up approach to engaging with industry around the innovation agenda
Health & Safety / Environmental Health
- Implement the legal obligation to maintain a safe working environment at all times
- Follow the company’s procedures, as described in the Health & Safety Policy
- Report anything unsafe to the Health & Safety Competent Person and report accidents, near misses and so on in the accident book
|Qualifications||Is educated to degree level or equivalent.||Evidence of continued professional and personal development.|
|Experience||Working in an office environment with multiple departments.
Should be a good communicator experienced in dealing with a wide range of external stakeholders.
|Experience of working across sectors and forming strong relationships.|
|Skills/Knowledge||Is flexible and adaptable under pressure and to a varied workload.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Skilled at relationship building with stakeholders at all levels
Good attention to detail and able to produce accurate concise reports.
Good research and analytical skills
Able to prioritise and organise effectively.
Professional at all times.
Excellent level of IT competence, incl. MS word, outlook and excel.
Holds full driving licence
|Can identify potential issues and plan solutions as appropriate.
Has a good understanding of the key drivers of the New Anglia area economy.