VACANCY: Cambridge Cleantech Events and Communications Internship
Join us to help make a difference on climate change issues
Location: Future Business Centre, Cambridge
Job type: Paid full-time internship position, fixed term for 6 months.
Salary: £8.21 hour (National Living Wage for over 25) / £7.70 for National Living wage for 20 to 24 y old)
Start Date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: 31 May 2019 (Please send your CV asap so that we can speed up the process).
Cambridge Cleantech is a membership organisation working to support the growth of clean technologies in the Cambridge region and beyond. Our core work centres on running a range of events, from small special interest groups on topics such as Smart Cities, to large-scale investment events where innovative start-ups pitch their cleantech solutions to investors and large corporates who want to reduce their environmental impact. Through all our work, our aim is to connect the right people to bring about a smarter, more sustainable future.
What are we offering? Cambridge Cleantech is at an exciting moment in its development, and there would be great scope for our intern to contribute their creativity and energy to our small team, by ‘owning’ their own projects. This position would be ideal for a graduate looking to gain experience in the environmental/tech sector. We will make sure you can build your skills in marketing, communications and events management, and give you plenty of exposure to the companies we work with, to help you build your own network in the world of clean technology innovation. The Future Business Centre is a great place to meet a wide range of companies that are making a positive impact on people, place or planet.
You will be joining us at an exciting and busy time as we are preparing for our annual conference on 10th July. You will be supported and guided by our Operations Manager and our Communications Manager.
Specific Responsibilities include:
Supporting event planning (50%)
- Creating and maintaining event listings on Eventbrite
- Updating company website with event information
- Managing attendee lists
- Contributing to new and creative ways to advertise our events
- Liaising with venues to organise event logistics e.g. catering, audio-visual requirement, parking etc.
Supporting communications and PR (50%)
- Planning social media posts
- Improving our social media presence
- Running email marketing and social media campaigns to connect with subscribers and member
Skills and Experience:
- Proactive communicator – friendly and open with colleagues, confident writing emails and picking up the phone to get things done.
- Some experience of managing social media, email marketing and editing WordPress websites.
- Skilled at information management e.g. able to create and maintain useful spreadsheets in Excel
- Willingness to contribute ideas, solve problems, and ability to multi-task.
- Experience of organising events e.g. event planning, marketing, attendee registration, on-the-day support/logistics.
- Experience with Adobe Design Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, etc.) and video editing software would be a plus
- Experience of working successfully in a customer-facing role
- Some experience of database management would be a plus, though not a requirement for this role.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and brief cover letter to Sylvie at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Events and Communication Internship’, stating where you saw the job advert. We value your time and will try our best to respond to all applicants whether successful or not.