VACANCY: New Projects Delivery Officer
for The Business Board, Part of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
This is a key support role within the Business and Skills Directorate, to provide direct support to the Strategic Funds Manager to organise, manage and evaluate Local Growth Fund applications, approved projects and existing funded projects in delivery. This will contribute to the economic growth targets associated with the delivery of the Local Growth Fund, European Social Investment Funds, and other investments managed by the Business and Skills Directorate on behalf of the Combined Authority.
Working with the Strategic Funds Manager to make sure all the appropriate project and programme management mechanisms are in place to successfully deliver this multi-million pound portfolio. To support the Strategic Funds Manager in the:
- Introduce robust and effective project/programme management mechanisms at the outset of any new investment agreed by the Board within the above Funds
- The ongoing management of approved projects to agreed standards and parameters
- Produce programme monitoring material for regular reporting within the organisation, and to Government and other funding agencies
- Work with the Strategic Funds Manager to identify and resolve any significant issues that arise with projects during their appraisal and delivery
We are looking for a person capable of leading and managing projects in the funding programmes that the Business Board has responsibility to deliver across the area. Specifically:
- Experience in delivering large-scale and high-profile projects and programmes
- Significant knowledge of programme & project management including processes, procedures and tools.
- Expertise in effective outcome-based performance reporting at a strategic level
- Understanding of performance management frameworks and tools in the delivery of business objectives
- Good knowledge of government appraisal systems
- Degree level or equivalent standard of general education
- A creative and innovative approach to delivery with a versatile, outcome-based drive
- An excellent advocate and relationship builder able to communicate well and engage with a range of partners and stakeholders including local authorities, and Government
- Excellent organisational skills and expertise in managing a portfolio of projects and programmes
- A record of innovative achievements in partnership and joint working with partners and stakeholders
- Ability to communicate authoritatively, and appropriately in verbal and written form with a wide range of stakeholders at all levels.
Closing date: 24th May 2019
To apply for this role please send CVs to email@example.com