VACANCY: Senior Manager – Business and Skills
for Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Combined Authority
This is a key role within the Combined Authority, to provide direct support to the Director of Business and Skills to stimulate, promote and achieve the economic growth targets committed to by the Business Board and Combined Authority. In particular to support the Director in the:
- Design of innovative delivery programmes to achieve the outcomes of the CPCA’s various Business & Skills Strategies.
- Acquisition of external finance to fund the mobilisation of new and innovative services to deliver the outcomes of our strategies
- Drive exports and inward investment to the region, acting as a key ambassador for investment promotion activity with prospective investors nationally and internationally.
- Deliver the new enhanced Growth Service and its potential roll-out across the OxCam Arc.
We are looking for an experienced player in economic development and the delivery of business support to small firms. Specifically:
- A creative thinker in regard to organisational, business and delivery models for business support to achieve economic growth.
- An excellent relationship-builder that generates confidence in colleagues and key decision makers in local government, Whitehall and senior business stakeholders
- A highly adaptable senior manager that is collaborative – and driven by personal and organisational achievement
- An experienced business support professional, with a business degree, preferably at master’s level, with a track record in;
- Business Growth
- International Trade
- Inward Investment
- Change management
- Transformation of organisational performance.
The Combined Authority is a new organisation, established in March 2017, with a vision to make Cambridgeshire & Peterborough the leading place in the world to learn, live, work and learn. To achieve this, we have produced a Local Industrial Strategy that sets out a blueprint for the doubling of our economy over 25 years. This is a stretching but achievable goal. It is a goal which captures the aspirations of our newly devolved area to take charge of its future with strong local leadership and world class assets. Our approach is to focus our resources onto the generation of global, productive and inclusive growth, underpinning the foundations of our economy and producing a greater emphasis on better living. Our priorities are to:
- Improve the long-term capacity for growth in Greater Cambridge to reduce the risk of any stalling in the long-term high growth rates that we have enjoyed in the city for several decades.
- Increase the sustainability and broaden the base of our economic growth, by identifying opportunities for high growth companies to accelerate business growth where there is greater absorptive capacity.
- Expand and build on the clusters and networks that have enabled Cambridge to become a global leader in innovative growth by encouraging individual business leaders, sectors, and places to join together to build an economy-wide business support eco-system
To help us achieve this, in 2018 the Combined Authority absorbed the Greater Peterborough & Greater Peterborough LEP to form the Combined Authority Business Board, led by the Combined Authority’s Director of Business Skills and a board made up of leading local figures from business and academe.
For further information on the Combined Authority, please go to the website: http://cambridgeshirepeterborough-ca.gov.uk/
Salary: circa £80,000
Closing date: 24th May 2019
To apply for this role please send CVs to HR@cambridgeshirepeterborough-ca.gov.uk