Recent trends in university spin-out terms
Thursday 22nd October 2020 | 16:00 – 17:00 GMT
Are you an academic founder or an early stage investor?
Join our Associate Founder Member Taylor Wessing as they assemble a panel of leading authorities on university spin-outs, combining transatlantic insight and lessons from Cambridge Enterprise, Stanford University’s Office of Technology Licensing and RA Capital to uncover the recent trends affecting your term sheet.
Examine the perspectives and ask the questions to help you create more effective partnerships, including:
- University equity stakes – what is market? Research shows a wide variation of approaches. Also, will Universities accept higher equity stakes in lieu of financial payment obligations?
- University non-dilution rights
- Upfront fees or just historic patent costs?
- Deal structures: licences v assignments?
- Non-traditional spin-outs: what approaches are being taken to software or data-focused spin-outs? What about know-how based spin-outs?
Katherine Ku, former Executive Director of Stanford University’s Office of Technology Licensing and now Chief Licensing Advisor at Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati.
Dr Tony Raven, Chief Executive of Cambridge Enterprise
Jamie Kasuboski PhD, Venture Senior Associate at RA Capital
Adrian Toutoungi, Partner at Taylor Wessing
MORE EVENTS FROM TAYLOR WESSING
- Brexit is coming – a checklist for brand owners https://www.taylorwessing.com/en/insights-and-events/events/webinars/2020/10/brexit-is-coming-a-brand-owners-checklist
- The UK’s new immigration system after Brexit: is your business ready? https://www.taylorwessing.com/en/insights-and-events/events/webinars/2020/11/immigration-webinar
Other online events you might be interested in: