November Think Piece Series: Improving people transport in Cambridge and other urban centres
Lunchtime Interactive Discussion 1:
The First and Last Mile – Adjusting to the New Greener Normal
Thursday 5th November 2020 | 11:00 – 12:30 BST
Online Webinar – In partnership with The Maxwell Centre and Cambridge Zero
The Maxwell Centre, Cambridge Zero, and ourselves are following on the successful event of ‘Zero Carbon, from research to commercialisations’, with a series of workshops for academics, business solutions providers, the broader community, and policymakers on future transport, circular economy, energy transitions, and smart cities.
Join us for a focused session on the latest thinking and developments on local people transport.
This event will set the context for the workshop series, including perspectives from academia and local government, addressing in particular the first and the last mile. Together, we will examine our current local people transport system, and explore options and possible solutions to include in a post-pandemic reset. Hear from experts, share your ideas and experiences, and provide your input.
As the problem of climate emergency and transport emission affects everyone, we invite you to share your ideas and experiences during the visioning workshops following the talks. Our joint effort will be collated into a Think Piece to support the sustainable transport developments in Cambridge, its region, and other urban centres. This is a great networking opportunity for anyone interested in imagining and conceptualising a better and fairer future.
In this event, we will talk about…
- Setting the context of the first and last mile – Professor John Miles, ARUP/RAEng Research Chair Transitional Energy Strategies, Engineering Department, University of Cambridge.
- Challenges and new ideas – Short talks flagging up known challenges from local government
- Visioning workshops – Attendees will be invited to share their ideas which will be taken note of for the final think piece.
Next event from the ‘Improving people transport in Cambridge and other urban centres’ think piece series:
- “Real Commuter Journeys – behavioural insights and multimodal transport solutions” – (12th of November 2020)
- “Systems Thinking & Solutions for Low-Carbon Mobility” – (19th of November 2020)