Senior Executive Officer, SEO, Industrial Energy – Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
£39,075 – £43,800
Flexible working, Full-time, Job share
Deadline – 11:55 pm on Thursday 22nd October 2020
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team working on the high-profile £315m Industrial Energy Transformation Fund (IETF) and contribute to the Industrial Energy directorate’s increasing focus on net-zero. The IETF will help UK businesses with high energy use reduce their bills and emissions through energy efficiency and the use of lower-carbon energy and processes. The successful candidate will be shaping high profile policy and making a real difference on climate change.
This role will be predominately policy-focused; however, as we transition towards launching and delivering Phase 1 of the Fund exact responsibilities may vary.
The ideal candidate would
• Have a passion for action on climate change and ambition to work in a complex area of climate policy;
• Have strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and be comfortable explaining complex issues succinctly and easily to a range of stakeholders and teams in BEIS;
• Be adaptable to changing priorities and able organise your time efficiently;
• Have a record of establishing, building and maintaining collaborative and productive relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders;
• Be able to demonstrate strong reasoning and decision-making skills and an ability to evaluate information, deal with uncertainty, weigh up pros and cons and challenge assumptions.
Please mention Cambridge Cleantech when applying.