Meet the Buyer: First Base
Deadline for Applications: 26th of April 2021
Venue: Digital Event
What is a Meet the Buyer event?
Meet the Buyer events offer interesting opportunities for your company to get in touch with the leading enterprises in a variety of business sectors. The event is invite-only and will give you the chance to have an individual one-to-one meeting with key decision-makers.
Apply now to join the event, establish valuable collaborations, pitch your products and services, and discuss business partnerships that can fast-forward your company’s growth.
Who is First Base?
First Base is a privately-owned mixed-use developer focused on delivering long-term social value for communities across the UK. Specialising in placemaking and urban regeneration, First Base have established a reputation for delivering innovative buildings and places that are adaptable to the changing needs of communities and businesses.
Their mixed-use portfolio of projects, ranging from residential, retail to workspace, always includes place-making and sustainability at their core.
First Base has partnered with some of the world’s leading investors including: Blackstone, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan Chase & Co and Starwood Capital. The projects have been delivered with leading architects, including Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners, Porphyrios Associates, Allford Hall Monaghan Morris and Glenn Howells. The company is owned by its directors, based in Central London and was founded in 2002.
What are they looking for?
First Base is working with local stakeholders to develop plans for a modern mixed-use quarter near Cambridge station. Devonshire gardens comprise workspace, Build-to-Rent apartments, and leisure and community spaces set around new public gardens. While providing high-quality public realm for the community, the mixed-use scheme will also hold strong environmental and sustainable credentials which seamlessly align with their investment values.
First base is looking for innovative solutions, technologies, and products for this new development in the following areas:
1.Building-integrated PV solutions
- Latest, efficient, rooftop systems
- Latest novel technologies for PV in terms of power, flexibility and efficiency (PV film, glass, etc.)
- Solutions to transfer PV into EV charging and other sustainable/community-focused amenities
2. Air quality solutions (indoors & outdoors)
- Innovative technologies in indoor air filtration systems that promote clean air, fighting viruses, etc
- Air purity techniques to fight pollution and improve health and wellbeing
- Air quality monitoring (outdoor)
3. Future Mobility / EV charging solutions / hydrogen
4. Heating / energy efficiency/ storage & balancing / phase change materials
5. Water reuse & efficiency / SuDS (Sustainable Drainage Systems)
Do you have any questions?
If you have any questions, please contact Camila Vila by sending her an email to email@example.com.
Interested in Scaling Up? View our events page to see what we have going on for you!