Automotive Transformation Fund Expression of Interest: Round 13
The Automotive Transformation Fund (ATF) is a new Advanced Propulsion Centre (APC) programme that aims to establish a competitive and sustainable UK supply chain.
It offers a share of up to £1 billion of funding for capital and associated industrial research projects. This will be to support the industrialisation of a high value, electrified automotive supply at scale in the UK.
This is an expression of interest (EoI) competition, which is the first stage in a two stage process. Your EoI application outlines your proposal and potential benefits to the UK. If your application is successful, you will be invited to progress to a full application for the ATF competition. In applying to this competition, you are entering into a competitive process. This competition closes at 11am UK time on the deadline stated. Total eligible project costs and project duration must be appropriate and in proportion to the planned objectives and prioritisation of the Automotive Transformation Fund.
Your project must support the industrialisation at scale of an electrified automotive supply chain. It must be appropriate and in proportion to the planned objectives and prioritisation of the Automotive Transformation Fund (ATF).
You should be looking to transform the automotive industry through significant business or production expansion. We expect your project to be centred around a product, process or technology that you have already demonstrated and have confirmed as technically and economically feasible.
Your application can be for:
- capital investment only
- capital and associated R&D activity
Your proposal must prioritise the scale up in areas mentioned in the Automotive Transformation Strategy for an electrified supply chain. Your project can focus on but is not limited to:
- batteries including cells (’gigafactories’)
- electric machines and drives
- fuel cells
- upstream supply chain
- recycling any aspect of the above
Your project must:
- fit with the overall strategy of the ATF
- offer value for money for the UK
- have an ongoing benefit to the UK from the exploitation of your project
- include deliverables such as time, cost and quality (including risks)
Only projects which score well against these criteria will receive funding from the ATF.
Your total eligible project costs and project duration must be strongly aligned to the Automotive Transformation Fund.
If your project’s total eligible costs or duration falls outside of our eligibility criteria, you must provide justification by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 working days before the competition closes. We will decide whether to approve your request. If you have not requested approval or your request has not been approved by us you will be made ineligible and your application will not be sent for assessment.
To lead a project or work alone your organisation must:
- be a business of any size
- carry out its project work in the UK
- intend to exploit the results from or in the UK
- address the requirements of the Automotive Transformation Fund
- Non-UK businesses can apply to this expression of interest (EoI) competition in reference to activities they are considering undertaking in the UK. The business must be registered in the UK before any funding can be awarded.
To collaborate with the lead, your organisation must be one of the following:
- a business of any size
- academic institution
- public sector organisation
- research and technology organisation (RTO)
Catax, who are experts in specialist areas of tax relief, including Capital Allowances, Research & Development (R&D), Remediation of Contaminated Land and the Patent Box, and Grants Services would be more than happy to assist you with the application process. Simply contact email@example.com to request assistance in the application process.