Green Technologies: Patenting Trends and Technology Development
7th October 2021, 4 pm BST
Event from our founder member JA Kemp
The UN Climate Change Conference (COP 26) is fast approaching and will bring politicians together to accelerate action towards achieving the goals of The Paris Agreement. However, it is the development of new green technologies (greentech) that is key to mitigating the effects of climate change. In recent years, there has been a dramatic growth of greentech with multi-national companies now leading its development. What were once substantially only oil companies are increasingly energy companies with green energy generation projects ranging from wind farms to hydropower. The rise of greentech is clearly demonstrated by the increasing number of patents filed in this field. In this webinar, we will look into the patenting trends in greentech, discuss examples of how technology developments have been made and patented, and discuss procedural aspects of greentech patenting.
Topics covered will include:
- An overview of what greentech is and patenting trends in greentech.
- Discuss examples of challenges faced with greentech development.
- Discuss examples of technology developments that have been made.
- Discuss approaches to claiming green technologies and where fundamental inventions may lie.
- Provide a summary of government incentives for patenting greentech in the main countries for patent filings.
Interested in scaling your company internationally?
We have a Special Interest Group (SIG) just for that! Our Internationalisation SIG offers cleantech companies advice on how to scale to markets such as the United States, India, China and Latin America. Watch a recording of the latest webinar from this Special Interest Group here.