Lead Software Engineer – IoT & Web
💻 Lead Software Engineer – IoT & Web
Flexible working: combination of home-based/on-site/office-based work (London HQ)
£45k – £60k (depending on experience)
AirEx is a rapidly growing energy efficiency start-up, designing and manufacturing the UK’s first smart air brick technology, helping householders reduce their energy bills without compromising air quality.
Their mission is to lift millions of households out of fuel poverty and reduce the UK’s carbon emission with an affordable solution for the mass market. They are looking to hire a talented Business Development Manager to join their mission to tackle Fuel Poverty and Climate Change.
AirEx is looking for a hands-on Software Engineer with experience in developing frontend/backend and basic firmware systems in the IoT space.
Your role will consist of:
• Collaborating with the CTO to prioritise and manage a software development roadmap
• Building a robust software development process to improve the quality of the codebase, system scalability, and flexibility
• Backend development for site management functionality, AWS, MQTT, and Django
• You will be the sole developer for maintaining our existing codebase, and responsible for identifying and implementing improvements. However, we expect to hire more software resources in about a
• Handling and prioritising incoming requests from operations for new features or debugging of existing issues. Also, act as last resort technical support for issues when they escalate beyond operations
• Testing and debugging the software systems from end to end. This includes being able to identify and resolve firmware issues
• Working with the team to ensure various design decisions around firmware, hardware, system architecture, and customer requests are implemented smoothly from the software perspective
The ideal candidate will have minimum of 7 years in software engineering with demonstrable leadership experience. View all the desired experience here.
➢ £45k – £60k (depending on experience)
➢ Becoming part of a rapidly growing start-up operating in an exciting sector
➢ The opportunity to work on a product that will improve the lives of millions of people
➢ Managing your own work and enjoying plenty of freedom as part of a small, tight-knit team
➢ Flexible working: combination of home-based/office-based work (London HQ)
➢ An exciting, problem-solving, and dynamic atmosphere, a flexible and fun work environment filled with passionate and extremely capable people