Eastern New Energy Collaboration for Innovation
Cooperative Projects with the University of East London
The Eastern New Energy Project (ENE) is a regional support programme focusing on low or zero carbon actions and local economic development, covering the counties of Hertfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Rutland and parts of Lincolnshire and Essex.
Cooperation with Universities
We are helping business develop their own products and services, helping them with demonstration projects, providing independent testing of product and service performance, developing business models, finding potential customers, sites where innovation can be tested, and connecting businesses with centres of excellence.
This support service focuses on collaborations which are about transferring good ideas, research and skills between the university and businesses to enable innovative new products and services to be developed.
There are many possible ways we can cooperate, here are some practical examples:
• Research and development and testing of a new, low carbon product using our laboratory facilities, equipment or expertise.
• Calculation of the carbon emission reductions that result from the implementation of a new ser vice or product.
• Support to understand and identify opportunities for your business in low carbon growth market sectors.
• Finding potential customers / sites where innovations can be tested
• Links with centres of excellence (e.g. Innovate UK Know Transfer Networks; and Catapults) helping to identify and secure additional funding .
How does it work?
All the support services we provide are free of charge to the businesses supported, thanks to the funding we receive, and available to most small and medium sized enterprises located in ENE’s geographical area. To get started, we will discuss the opportunities with the business, define the support and complete the registration process. A Memorandum of Understanding can be arranged to protect the business’s confidentiality an this can be undertaken before any work starts.
Interested in applying?
Please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ENE project has received funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government is the Managing Authority for European Regional Development Fund.