Industrial Energy Transformation Fund
- Deadline: Monday 6th December 2021
- From: Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy
The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) have just launched the second round of their Industrial Energy Transformation Fund, worth £60m.
Phase 2 of the IETF provides grant funding for feasibility and engineering studies, and for the deployment of industrial energy efficiency and deep decarbonisation projects.
This fund supports companies to take the following action:
- studies – feasibility and engineering studies to enable companies to investigate identified energy efficiency and decarbonisation projects prior to making an investment decision
- energy efficiency – deployment of technologies to reduce industrial energy consumption
- deep decarbonisation – deployment of technologies to achieve industrial emissions savings
The Phase 2: Autumn 2021 competition is open to businesses of any size registered in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. To be eligible, your business must operate an existing site which falls into the following SIC codes:
- Mining and quarrying (05101 through to 05200, 07100 through to 08990, 09900)
- Manufacturing (10000 through to 33200)
- Recovery and recycling of materials (38320)
- Data centre (63110)
Please contact the IETF team at BEIS if you have any questions about your eligibility or the eligibility of your project idea at email@example.com
The funding will be awarded as grants towards the total costs of successful proposals. To be eligible, proposals must fall within the stated minimum and maximum award thresholds in the table below. Unless otherwise specified, thresholds refer to the minimum and maximum grant that you can apply for.
|Funding applied for||Minimum threshold per application||Maximum threshold per project|
|Energy efficiency deployment projects||£100,000||£14 million|
|Deep decarbonisation deployment projects||£100,000||£30 million|
|Engineering studies||£50,000 (total eligible cost)||£14 million|
|Feasibility studies||£30,000 (total eligible cost)||£7 million|
The current second round closes for applications on December 6th 2021, however three more rounds (with similar budgets to the current round) are scheduled for Spring, Summer and Autumn 2022 so this is very much an ongoing opportunity. It’s never too early to get in touch with the BEIS team and start talking about your possible projects.