Sustainable Food Initiative (Switch Up Your Lunch 2022) – Communications Volunteers
Starting date: mid-March
Application deadline: 4th March 2022
About Oxfordshire Greentech
Oxfordshire Greentech, the business network for a low-carbon future in Oxfordshire, and Good Food Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire’s sustainable food network, are coming together for the 4th year running
for their annual initiative about encouraging organisational action on sustainable food: Switch Up Your Lunch.
Climate scientists are reporting that we need to significantly reduce the amount of meat in our diets, and at the same time many people are not meeting public health recommendations for eating
enough vegetables. Switch Up Your Lunch aims to make that behavioural change collaborative and fun. The annual veg pledge encourages all businesses and organisations across Oxfordshire to serve
a vegetarian or vegan lunch for one day in June, to take photos of their meals, and to share them on social media with the hashtag #SwitchUpYourLunch. Last year’s impact:
• 94 organisations participated (including several Oxford University colleges, several district councils, schools, nurseries, and businesses).
• Over 1,400 additional vegetarian or vegan meals were served.
• We reached over 74,000 people on social media. As part of this year’s campaign, we are also looking to do an in-person surplus food lunch in a central location in Oxford to raise public awareness around sustainable food.
The two volunteers will work together closely, with support and guidance from the Oxfordshire Greentech and Good Food Oxfordshire Co-ordinators. 2-4 hours a week with some flexibility from the start of the volunteer experience until end of June. The role includes:
– Work with the campaign team for 2-4 hours per week from mid-March to end of June 2022, with some flexibility especially as we get closer to the day of action in June.
– Join regular coordination meetings with the team.
– Create a communications plan and a social media briefing for participating organisations
– Create visual assets for a range of online and social channels.
– Promote Switch Up Your lunch on a range of platforms (social media, online magazines and events listings, other media/ press release).
– Update signup forms, create mailings and send campaign updates through Mailchimp.
– Engage with new organisations and encourage their participation in the initiative.
– Communicate with signed-up organisations through Mailchimp and email.
– Monitoring, evaluation and reporting on outcomes of the campaign in the form of an impact infographic and a blog post.
Please mention Cambridge Cleantech when applying.