Decarbonising Heat in the Home – going beyond Heat Pumps

 

21st April 2022, 4 pm to 5:30 pm

Free event for members | £10 for non-members

Online

 

The race is on to decarbonise home heating. Join us to meet the innovative solutions accelerating our journey.

About this event

 

Join the Smart Sustainable Homes special Interest Group from Cambridge Cleantech and Oxfordshire Greentech with PJB and Retrofits Work  to learn more and discuss about decarbonising heat in the home.

 

 

 

As every home is unique, what low carbon solutions are required to retrofit the 29 million homes? Our homes are as unique as their occupant(s). One of the key difficulties of improving the energy efficiency of your home is that, as for many other areas, one size does not fit all.

 

Around 85% of UK homes are currently using gas central heating. The remaining 15% of homes (4 million) are not connected to the gas grid, using either oil or liquid petroleum gas (LPG) as their main heating fuel or electric heating. But the UK Government has to meet its legal Net Carbon Zero targets by 2050 and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.

 

Air source heat pumps will only form part of the solution. Other new innovations are emerging and we are here to explore them with you.

 

Experts, SMEs, academics, investors, students, or curious… come and join us for our next Sustainable Smart Homes webinar!

 

 

SPEAKERS INCLUDE

Warren Pope, Retrofit Project Manager, RetrofitWorks

Matthew Aylott, Senior Policy Adviser, Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS)

James Macnaghten, CEO, Caldera

Johan du Plessis, Founder and CEO, Tepeo

Phil Steele, Future Technology Evangelist, Octopus Energy

Salvatore Cirasuolo, Managing Director, IntelliHeat

Oussama Yousfi, Innovation Engineer, UK Power Networks

Interested in Smart Sustainable Homes Solutions?

 

If you are interested in this topic, you might be interested in joining our Smart Sustainable Homes Special Interest Group (SSH SIG).

This group is chaired by Peter Bates, Founder & Senior Partner of pjb Associates, and Warren Pope, Retrofit Project Manager at RetrofitWorks.