Meet the Buyer: Consensus Business Group (CBG) – Belgian Economic Mission to the UK
Deadline for Applications: 24th of April 2022
Meet the Buyer event and 1-1 Meetings between successful applicants and the CBG team: : 10th of May 2022, 14.00 – 17.00 GMT
Venue: InterContinental Hotel Park Lane, London
What is a Meet the Buyer event?
Meet the Buyer events offer interesting opportunities for your company to get in touch with the leading enterprises in a variety of business sectors. The event is invite-only and will give you the chance to have an individual one-to-one meeting with key decision-makers.
Apply now to join the event, establish valuable collaborations, pitch your products and services, and discuss business partnerships that can fast-forward your company’s growth.
What is their business?
Consensus Business Group “CBG”, is a leading investment group whose overall portfolio includes pharma, biotech, med tech, clean tech, real estate and other business interests. It has a net asset value in excess of $1.2bn. CBG is also believed to be the largest owner and asset manager of residential freehold interests in the UK.
CBG, together with the Israel Innovation Institute (NGO), has launched PLANETech, which, with the endorsement of Israel’s Minister for Environment and EU’s Ambassador to Israel, is supporting climate change technologies and building a global network for climate tech innovators, investors, governments, and multinational corporations facing the challenge of decarbonising the global economy.
Through the global PLANETech platform, CBG is now focusing on the Built Environment and developing a ‘One Stop Shop’ for all property related participants to source practical and validated solutions to reduce property related carbon footprints.
While building its platform to harness the best and most innovative technology for the Built Environment, CBG is looking to use its own network of real estate partners to prove the concept first. It is proactively supporting the UK’s Built Environment network to assist as many landlords and tenants as possible to access technology to enable as many as possible to become carbon neutral.
We are looking for solutions that can be applied to this built environment – whether it be commercial or residential property.
What are we looking for?
As a first step in its overall Built Environment platform, CBG is looking to create a complete list of green solution offerings that property developments can employ to help lower a properties carbon footprints.
Types of technology we are interested in includes but is not limited to:
- Energy: Clean energy production, Energy Distribution and Management and Energy Storage.
- Mobility: Vehicle and grid charging infrastructure, fast charging.
- Smart Buildings: Lighting, HVAC, heating, BMS systems, Building Automation, Information modelling.
- Water: Quality enhancing, leak detection.
- Green Financing options: Either in association with solutions offered within the categories above or stand-alone financing solutions that can assist wider property adoption of green technologies.
- Operational Efficiency: Not necessary applied to the property only – solutions that can streamline with ways in which properties are managed and operated.
- Resident Offerings: Landlords look at the fabric of the buildings. However, any green solutions / initiatives that could be extended as an offering to tenants / residents themselves would also be welcome.
CBG is open to all commercially viable solutions and will wrap a ‘Sustainability Offering’ to its network based on the best solutions identified. Experience within the UK market is beneficial, although an understanding of the market segments and its various constraints (residential – commercial) is more important.
What can CBG offer your company?
CBG aims to ensure a meaningful participation for all interested companies. There will be three phases to this process, starting with initial registration of interest, followed by submitting a full commercial proposal and ending with the possibility of piloting your solution in one of the properties
If you have any questions, please contact Camila Vila-Echague by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.