Founders’ Associate – Sustainable Construction Startup
£28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
Thermulon has developed the first building insulation material to satisfy the criteria of fire-safety, performance and price. Designed from the molecular level up, Thermulon deploys the latest advances in chemical and processing technology into an insulation product that enables buildings to be energy efficient without compromising on fire safety.
17% of UK’s emissions come directly from operating our buildings, most of it from heating. Our company was established to fight the climate crisis by reducing the emissions from our homes, one building at a time.
Thermulon is a team of entrepreneurs and scientists developing a novel insulation material for buildings. Our startup is a team of people who care deeply about ensuring our buildings can hit our net-zero 2050 goals. Our contribution is the advanced nanoporous material coming out of our lab: aerogel. Aerogels are the most insulating materials known to man and we believe they’ll be at the centre of the green transition which is taking place today.
At our core, we’re a science-driven company that aims to deliver tremendous positive impact for our buildings and environment. Established in 2019, Thermulon is backed by reputable VCs (incl. Deep Science Ventures, Sustainable Ventures and Sky Ocean Ventures), as well as a strong community of crowdfunding investors. We are proud to be supported by Innovate UK and our technology has been recognized by many organisations, e.g. Futurebuild (Great Innovation Pitch), Royal Society of Chemistry (Emerging Tech Prize) and Royal Academy of Engineering (1851 Enterprise Fellowship).
You will work directly with the founders to support them in all aspects of running the company. You will support the technical team and over time, develop a deeper collaboration with the commercial side of the business with the potential to become more customer-facing.
The most essential qualities we seek are: a strong interest in sustainability, ability to pick up new skills and a drive to get things done. Other essentials for this role are:
- Experience: you have 3yrs professional experience. You’re keen to learn what you don’t yet know and you’ll ask for help when you need it.
- Mission-driven: you have a demonstrable passion for climate and impact work. You want to get immersed in the London startup ecosystem.
- Project Management: you’ll be able to deliver on time, and juggle multiple projects concurrently. You’ll be happy to follow up with colleagues for project deliverables.
- IT-literate: you’re competent with the Office Suite and Google Docs. You’ll be able to quickly learn to operate software packages that support company operations (Xero, project mgt & timekeeping packages etc.)
- Communication: you’re an efficient communicator and are interested in managing social media (especially LinkedIn).
- Independence: You can independently prioritise your tasks and troubleshoot when something isn’t working.
The work will vary day by day; but your core responsibilities will include:
- Management of daily operations (financials, reporting, grant administration etc.)
- Project management (grant-funded projects as well as internal initiatives)
- Drafting regular reporting to company Directors and Shareholders
- Social media management & marketing initiatives
- Producing content on sustainability, startups & the built environment
- Supporting the customer facing team on project delivery
Nice to have
Above all, we’re looking for candidates who come from any walk of life who fit well into our team. In addition to that, the following skills are of interest; however we still look forward to reading your application even if they aren’t directly applicable to you:
- Demonstrable interest in applied science and/or the built environment
- Track record of working with a small company, ideally a startup
- Working proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience managing Innovate UK projects
- Interest in supporting Thermulon’s commercial lead and / or product development
Diversity & Inclusion
We are especially keen to encourage applications and interest from individuals underrepresented in the deep tech and climate space. Climate change and climate justice is both a social and inclusion issue. We especially welcome applicants with experience across all equality and inclusion challenges and are keen for applicants who may have different experiences to those exactly specified in the application.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £28,000.00-£32,000.00 per year
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London, SE1 7PB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Please explain why you are interested in working with a startup (no more than 5 bullet points)
- We’re looking for team members with demonstrable interest in sustainability. Please share (in no more than 5 bullet points) you sustainability-related track record.
- How did you hear about this job opening?
Please mention Cambridge Cleantech when applying.