Sustainability Essentials for your SME/ Startup
When: 2nd – 3rd Mar 2023
Event organised by CISL
Join this programme to gain insights into the practical steps your business can take to improve your sustainability impact.
Who’s it for?
Small businesses, including startups, who want to learn how to improve and report the sustainability impact of their business operation.
In person workshops as well as a Cambridge college dinner, drinks reception and keynote speech.
Thursday 2 March – Friday 3 March 2023
Capital or other Venture Capital Funds in Cambridge, and Cambridge local small businesses to attend.
Join us for an exciting 1.5-day programme on sustainability essentials for your startup. This in-person programme is designed for small businesses, including startups, who want to learn how to improve and report their sustainability impact of their business operation. We welcome Cambridge Enterprise Alumni, portfolio companies from Cambridge Innovation Capital or other Venture Capital Funds in Cambridge, and Cambridge local small businesses to attend.
Day One of the programme will focus on understanding why sustainability is essential to a business, navigating different areas of impact (environmentally and socially), incorporating the circular model into product design and operation, and practical steps on decarbonizing your business.
Day Two of the programme will focus on understanding the pressure for impact from funding upstream, and learning how other successful startups report their impact.
The programme will include keynote speakers, case studies, networking opportunities, and a college dinner reception. Participants will also have the opportunity to take a Canopy tour and join CISL’s Global Network where they can take advantage of CISL’s connections to 27,000 global sustainability professionals.
The event will be held on Thursday and Friday, 2nd and 3rd of March 2023 at the CISL Entopia Building in Cambridge. The programme is funded by the European Union’s European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) and CISL, and is free of charge for selected participants. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from experts in the field and take practical steps to improve your sustainability impact.
- Emma Fromberg, Programme Director, CISL
- Jie Zhou, Programme Manager, CISL
- Tahmid Chowdury, Programme Manager, CISL
- Clare Shine, CEO and Director, CISL
- Viola Jardon, Senior Programme Manager, CISL
- Michelle Lamprecht, Head of Corporate Affairs, Cambridge Innovation Capital
- Dr Anne Dobrée, Director of Programming, Cambridge Enterprise
- Dr Ellie Standen, Independent Consultant
- Erinch Sahan, Business & Enterprise Lead, Doughnut Economics Action Lab (DEAL); Tutor, CISL
- Claire McCarthy, Manager, Net Zero, We Mean Business
- Sam Sturg, Director, Private Assets, University of Cambridge Investment Managemente Limited
- Margarita Skarku, Investor, 2150
- Simon Hombersley, Founder, Xampla
- Arabella Ture, COO, Petit Pli