What is a Meet the Buyer event?
Meet the Buyer events offer interesting opportunities for your company to get in touch with the leading enterprises in a variety of business sectors. The event is invite-only and will give you the chance to have an individual one-to-one meeting with key decision-makers.
Apply now to join the event, establish valuable collaborations, pitch your products and services, and discuss business partnerships that can fast-forward your company’s growth.
What is their business?
The Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) was established in 2010 as an independent Research & Technology Organisation (RTO) with the objective of bridging the gap between academia and industry – often referred to as ‘the valley of death’. It represents one of the largest public sector investments in UK manufacturing and, after four years of planning and a 16-month build, the facility opened at Ansty Park in Coventry at the end of 2011.
Over the following years the MTC’s rapid growth has seen the expansion of our campus with the construction of three more facilities, including the opening of the Advanced Manufacturing Training Centre and the National Centre for Additive Manufacturing.
Our role has also increased to cover not only R&D but also Training, Advanced Manufacturing Management and Factory Design. During this time we have helped hundreds of companies across a range of industries and over 100 of them have become members of the MTC.
Challenges: What kind of solutions are they looking for?
The Manufacturing Technology Centre is currently looking for solutions, services and technologies that could be applied in their campus/buildings with a focus on:
- Energy Saving
- Innovative retrofit entrance door solutions to prevent draughts and heat loss.
- Radiator and heating circuit control to create heating zones for existing systems.
- Solar PV (from domestic scale to larger roofs and ground mounted arrays); glass, window
- Small scale biomass utilising green and/or food waste
- Hydrogen production
- Energy Storage
- Electrical storage (short and long term) for private wire network,
- Heat storage (short and long term) for district heating network and process heat recovery.
- Novel hydrogen-based technologies.
- Electric Vehicles
- Car clubs/ Shared car solutions
- EV charge solutions interested to rent available space on site
- Waste management
- Manufacturing waste
- Novel collection and segregation systems
- Food waste
- Systems to replace single use plastics.
- Water Management
- Water saving devices
- Water collection and reuse systems
- Monitoring systems for wildlife (especially for the lake on site)
- Biodiversity consulting services
- Supply Chain Management / Procurement technologies
What Technology Readiness Level (TRL) are they looking for?
The MTC is interested in applications from companies that are currently at a TRL between 4 and 9.
What can MTC offer to your company?
- Proof of concept opportunities
- Offer pilot/testbed sites
- Product manufacturing Incubator & Manufacturing Support Services
- Buying your services or products to implement on their campus
How can you apply?
If you are interested in this opportunity, please fill the form below, or contact email@example.com if you have any inquiries.