Meet corporate buyers
Connecting innovators to corporates
Top corporates and multinationals (such as ARM, Engie, and Anglian Water) frequently approach us to connect them with innovators in clean technology. If you are a small business member of Cambridge Cleantech, you can benefit from such exclusive business opportunities and introductions, and can showcase your product/service to large corporates through our Meet-The-Buyer events.
How Meet-The-Buyer events work
- Corporates approach us with a list of technological innovations they are seeking solutions for, such as low carbon innovations in building technology or circular economy solutions for reuse of industrial waste.
- We work with them to create a needs statement and invite our members and companies from other cleantech cluster organisations across Europe to apply to pitch in an introductory 1-1 meeting.
- Once members send in their proposals, we send a shortlist of suitable SMEs to the corporates who then choose whom they wish to meet.
- We arrange one-to-one meetings between the corporates and the SMEs which they have shortlisted.
- Please note: Due to the coronavirus outbreak, a majority of our meetings are currently being held online.
What is SCALE-UP and how can you benefit from it?
Cambridge Cleantech is a member of SCALE-UP, a collaboration between existing, successful regional cleantech clusters in Europe. It gives an opportunity for our members to tap into cleantech clusters across Europe. What this means is that you, as a cleantech member, can take your idea to an investor or corporate based in Rotterdam or Brussels and grow your business internationally. Read more about the project here.
Since the SCALE UP project began in 2017, the six cleantech clusters in Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Sweden, the United Kingdom and Germany have successfully connected more than 500 innovative SMEs to corporate buyers.
“The meet-the-buyer event went very well and ARM were impressed with our solution. Thanks again for the opportunity – without Cambridge Cleantech, there is no way a company like us can get to the right people!” Bill Munday, Blendology
Meet-the-Buyer Programmes and other opportunities
Meet the Buyer: Johnson Matthey
EVENT: Meet the Buyer – Johnson Matthey is looking for multiple solutions to become more sustainable, including next-generation batteries, sustainable fuels and chemical, carbon Capture and Utilisation and more
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 15th of November 2021
Meet the Buyer: Cambridge Display Technology
EVENT: Meet the Buyer – Cambridge Display Technology is looking for technologies that can enable the reuse or conversion of waste oil from manufacturing
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 31st January 2022